Any cheap solutions to remove fleas from dogs? - Page 5 - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » Diet & Health » Any cheap solutions to remove fleas from dogs?

Diet & Health Anything pertaining to diet or other health and dental issues.

tcat left
Any cheap solutions to remove fleas from dogs?
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 07-18-2015, 04:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Training: Basic OB
Re: Any cheap solutions to remove fleas from dogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick smith View Post
i will give you one idea now you can think over

i NEVER give a rescue dog to anyone for FREE, and i always evaluate the owners WITH the dog to see how they will handle it

when i show the dog and discuss with a prospective owner what dog ownership involves, i always tell them it is going to be an added expense on their family budget. of course they say they know this, but i go into details about what it might cost to handle "normal" problems they could expect from any dog they get.

i then explain how the dog has been given basic preventative meds and some of the time i have taken to help the dog become more 'adoptable', etc
i don't try to sell them a training class, but i want them to understand the dog has been WELL taken care of and that it costs a bit to do that and SAVED them the money from having to do the same thing.

i then explain what kind of adoption fee they need to pay to get the dog. always less than what my cost was.
- and then i tell them if they bought a dog from a breeder it would be WAY more expensive, but they would not necessarily get a better dog than this one
- and i also tell them if they have a problem right after getting it i will help them at no charge

** since i give them specific techniques to do with the dog as soon as they take it home, i rarely have been asked to help with a problem. and i have re-homed quite a few dogs this way

bottom line for me :
1. "free to a good home" is definitely not the way i have advertised rescued dogs
2. every day the foster dog is with me is a another training day for that dog

food water and love fall WAY short of how i rescue a dog !!
Thank you for sharing these guidelines. I will take note of these and will suggest it to the org...
Chris Perez is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #42 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Personal Protection

Chris if you know any American military I think you might ask them if the base exchange has any of those suggested products.

I have a feeling the exchange has them.

Please Register!
Old 07-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #43 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Other

Lee
Clark air base was evacuated right b4 Mt Pinatubo blew oup (91). it never opened after that and was pretty well stripped in a few months

Air Force weather guessers got it right for Clark, but were DEAD WRONG thinking Subic would be spared. It got buried too
- a Sub tender came in and issued shovels to sailors to keep em busy clearing the runway ... what a joke

Subic and Cubi Point stayed open a little longer but i thought it was worldwide news that the US pulled out of the P.I. completely
- i was there when Pinatubo blew and spent 12 hours scraping "volcanic mortar" off my roof and it still caved in and flooded out. Subic look like it had been nuked. nothing but monkeys came out for a few days; trying to steal food off family BBQ's. all the foliage from the jungles was stripped and you didn't even hear insects for a couple days ... very weird
- Family housing in Cubi became condos and (then) Mayor Gordon turned the PX facilities into a Duty Free zone
- and very few clubs in Olongapo lasted either...the "bar fine" party days are history
- the last i heard, most of the tourists now are from Germany ...
- the shipyard at SRF tried to hang on awhile but the US shifted its repair work to Singapore out of Quatar.

there's always talk about reopening but i doubt it will happen anytime soon.

we've had a few ships make port calls but the word is "it's dead and NO fun anymore"

So basically, the closest PX would prob be in Korea or here in Japan

hope that gets you up to speed and prob more than you give a hoot about knowing
rick smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!

Old 07-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog

Chris, you probably can find the list of items on line for the products recommended and compare them with products you do have to narrow down something.

Please Register!
Old 07-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Personal Protection

Quote:
Lee
Clark air base was evacuated right b4 Mt Pinatubo blew oup (91). it never opened after that and was pretty well stripped in a few months

Air Force weather guessers got it right for Clark, but were DEAD WRONG thinking Subic would be spared. It got buried too
- a Sub tender came in and issued shovels to sailors to keep em busy clearing the runway ... what a joke

Subic and Cubi Point stayed open a little longer but i thought it was worldwide news that the US pulled out of the P.I. completely
- i was there when Pinatubo blew and spent 12 hours scraping "volcanic mortar" off my roof and it still caved in and flooded out. Subic look like it had been nuked. nothing but monkeys came out for a few days; trying to steal food off family BBQ's. all the foliage from the jungles was stripped and you didn't even hear insects for a couple days ... very weird
- Family housing in Cubi became condos and (then) Mayor Gordon turned the PX facilities into a Duty Free zone
- and very few clubs in Olongapo lasted either...the "bar fine" party days are history
- the last i heard, most of the tourists now are from Germany ...
- the shipyard at SRF tried to hang on awhile but the US shifted its repair work to Singapore out of Quatar.

there's always talk about reopening but i doubt it will happen anytime soon.

we've had a few ships make port calls but the word is "it's dead and NO fun anymore"

So basically, the closest PX would prob be in Korea or here in Japan

hope that gets you up to speed and prob more than you give a hoot about knowing
Catch up on the news, Rick. Military is back in PI.

Please Register!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Chris
if you post some decent pics of the dogs that need treatment and send me a mailing address, i will send you all the baby shampoo you need ... on my nickel

Please Register!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

i'll also throw in the other brand of soap mentioned here and you can run a test and report back to us which worked the best

Please Register!
Old 07-21-2015, 02:47 AM   #48 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog

Quote:
Chris
if you post some decent pics of the dogs that need treatment and send me a mailing address, i will send you all the baby shampoo you need ... on my nickel
Oh my. I replied with something before this, then I realized what I used was in fact a real word… being kind, well just right minded I deleted it. Really, Rick-san that is very nice of you to offer.

Chris, I have a number of employees that work for me from the P.I.. If you want a recommendation of like or similar products I will ask them for input. Surely, they would be able to suggest something comparable and possibly equally as effective.

Please Register!