urban tracking training video - Page 2 - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Header

Working Dog Forum » Work Specific Discussion » Tracking » urban tracking training video

Tracking All styles of tracking can be discussed here.

tcat left
urban tracking training video
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Training: Military K9
Re: urban tracking training video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi Pham View Post
Very nice work.
thank you Khoi pham.
i am glad you like it.
sefi sahar is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefi sahar View Post
I Hope I explain my self ok.
Yes, you did very well. In some places it reminded me of Andreas Broqvist and how he spelled country like this "cuntry". A bit of gentle humor with that but I liked how his posts demanded that I read every word.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your effort and explanations. Very good for proper and intelligent dialogue on working dogs. And, of course, I always will read every discussion about scent based work. I enjoy it very much.

Please Register!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Stark View Post
Yes, you did very well. In some places it reminded me of Andreas Broqvist and how he spelled country like this "cuntry". A bit of gentle humor with that but I liked how his posts demanded that I read every word.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your effort and explanations. Very good for proper and intelligent dialogue on working dogs. And, of course, I always will read every discussion about scent based work. I enjoy it very much.
thank you
now i know how to spell cuntry
english was never my strongest side, i should have spent more time at school...
i am glad you can see threw it.

Please Register!

Old 01-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefi sahar View Post
Bob and Sarah
I agree with both of you, i think a dog of urban tracking need to learn like trailing dog to learn the false tracks earlier becuse he exspose (I don't know how to spell it in English) to the earlier just like the trailing dog that have the opretunity early to notice other trails and move to them becuse of the high nose.
By the way With this dogs I am going to combine trailing with operative fast tracking (something I never tried before but I do believe in).
So it double the early risk of false tracks.

But as I writed before I feel some simple short sterile tracks can do good to my dog now and I though about it with myself after bob reply.

About the distractions- the strange peapoles -the dog track for bite and she must choose the right "target" and ignore the other. It is gradually need to be done while tracking near other peapoles.
About the strange food - it is important to me to see the dog get assitance from the "right food" and not distract from wrong food - it help to know the dog "focused" on the tracking scent and not for clues. Do you know what I mean?
The change of tracking terrain give this indevidual dog questions and make her more consantrate on the track.

I Hope I explain my self ok.
So I did for few next days some "clean" simple tracking on short grass after the rain. It did seem to boost her up real good.
I will see it influence on the city...
It Made me think maybe to do few of thos before each single urban tracking.
In about 1/3 ratio it will cost time but i think it will do good with the dog
What do you think?

Please Register!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Don't Train My Dog

I think changing things up is a good idea, sounds like your results helped to confirm that. Variety is the spice of life.

Please Register!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: Police K9

I do mostly the same thing. When teaching the tracking portion of a patrol dog class, every Friday we go back into the woods and do all grass, wooded non distraction(on) lead tracks so the dog doesn't forget just how easy tracking is.

In addition once a year I pull my teams off the street for three days and go back to the woods doing the same thing back (on) lead as I track mostly off lead. It helps clear up a few problems or bad habits the team may have picked up while doing actual tracks.The dogs really seem to enjoy this break and perform really well.
Phil Dodson is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Thank you for your input Phil!

Please Register!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Police K9

Very very nice work! Not much impresses me these days but knowing the difficulty and amount of work it takes to get a dog to track like that is most impressive. I love how easy your dog is to read and which is a testament to the both of you as a team.

In the last 2 years I have done primarily hard surface tracking training with my PSD and his success rate has skyrocketed on the street. And, like Phil, I hit the soft stuff periodically as I've found that the amount of soft surface odor will make my boy a bit lazy after working with minimal odor on the hard stuff.

Again...nice job.

Please Register!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dodson View Post
I do mostly the same thing. When teaching the tracking portion of a patrol dog class, every Friday we go back into the woods and do all grass, wooded non distraction(on) lead tracks so the dog doesn't forget just how easy tracking is.

In addition once a year I pull my teams off the street for three days and go back to the woods doing the same thing back (on) lead as I track mostly off lead. It helps clear up a few problems or bad habits the team may have picked up while doing actual tracks.The dogs really seem to enjoy this break and perform really well.
Thank you it's helpful to base a new openion on somone else experience (sorry -I allways spell this word wrong)

Please Register!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Knauf View Post
Very very nice work! Not much impresses me these days but knowing the difficulty and amount of work it takes to get a dog to track like that is most impressive. I love how easy your dog is to read and which is a testament to the both of you as a team.

In the last 2 years I have done primarily hard surface tracking training with my PSD and his success rate has skyrocketed on the street. And, like Phil, I hit the soft stuff periodically as I've found that the amount of soft surface odor will make my boy a bit lazy after working with minimal odor on the hard stuff.

Again...nice job.
Thank you Howard its an honor to get that compliment from you.

I am very hopeful about that dog in the street
It is the first time I am going to combines strong tracking, urban tracking and trailing in the same dog and a lot of peapole depending on us when we finish.

About the soft surface I think I know what do you mean about it make some laziness with the dog
It affect my dog somehow the same

Please Register!