re : "I am looking for a reputable personal protection trainer in New Jersey."
1. if you join the forum correctly and provide a detailed background, you might get more specific help
2. I don't think we have any PP trainers in New Jersey on this list and none have been mentioned in any PPD
threads. If they are here, they aren't posting, so if that's all you want, no need to read further
3. PP is all about matching the right dog with the right handler for the right purpose. since we don't even know what breed of dog you have, what your PP requirements are, and what level of dog skills you currently have, YOU should provide them
4. For most people who know how to evaluate a dog, a balanced, athletic well trained rescue dog can make a great PPD
. But most people want MORE and think it will require a specialised form of training from a specific breed type. That is only true in some cases
5. no matter what kind of dog own, you can certainly waste a lot of money selecting a PPD
trainer from internet searches or someone's personal opinion.
** Most importantly, and no matter how good the trainer is, YOU will be the ultimate trainer for your dog and YOU will need to have the skill sets to maintain its training, proficiency and safety !!
and i'm also assuming you realize a dog is only ONE component of PP; not an end-all, do-it-all PP asset
there are MANY PPD
related threads here if you spend the time and effort to look for them.....there is some good info......and all free too
sorry this was not what you were looking for, but thanks for stopping by. hope you join and stay awhile